Wednesday, August 01, 2007

35 weeks

35 weeks. I'm tired. Stretched out. Uncomfortable. If only Thor's bum would move out of my ribcage, just for a minute or two, that's all I ask.

Doc appointment was fine. I'm glad I got the doctor I did, this one didn't impress me as much (mines on a 3-week hiatus of some sort). I have another ultrasound thursday afternoon to see where things are. Gained 1 pound in the last 2 weeks (total of about 18lbs so far). Thor's heart rate was at 144. Now I start going in every week, starting next week friday. (Harder to get in when you actually have a work schedule to follow!) I have to see the other doc one more time, then my guy will be back, thank goodness.

Here we are, taken just moments ago...



Monday, Mom, Dad and Taylor came down for a visit...we went to the Jelly Belly Factory right down the road for a tour. Although it wasn't much of a tour, more of an informational drive around the warehouse. But the store is fun and Taylor had a good time. Then we went swimming at the compound pool for a little bit, saw a toddler pee herself (luckily outside of the pool, aren't they supposed to be wearing those 'lil swimmers or something? ) and Taylor went underwater!

So now I have a rhetorical question/rant...I really don't want an answer to this, but what in the world do people do in public bathrooms? Does everyone get "browsers poo" at the same time? And why does it look like people step on toilets? Are women this nuts? Is it unsupervised children? Here's a good one, some MOTHER had her kid CRAWL on the floor of this PUBLIC bathroom under the stall door to come in her stall. I can't go into more detail, but sometimes when I go to the bathroom at the Target, I want to vomit. And the bathroom gets cleaned hourly. How hard is it to go in there, do your duty, keep your area tidy, wash up and leave?

So another question for you veteran mommies and daddies out there, what do we pack for the hospital!??!!? I have no clue...I know we want one empty bag to fill up with goodies. Please leave comments! (At the end of this post, click on "comments" and you'll be able to leave your 2 cents.)


3 comments:

cstatman said...

yes. a bowl of chocolates. not for you. for the nurses. Really. It made them all excited, and I believe Sara got some preferential treatment. They did not want the Sees, they wanted Kit Kats.

You: comfy pajamas. big shirts. socks. and food. like popsicles, juice boxes, and light snacks you like. usually they have a fridge for preg moms.

Greg: change of clothes, magazines, cell phone batteries.

CAR! as you get close, have 2 garbage bags (lawn size) and a HUGE beach towel in the car. When you say "lets go" Greg needs to put the garbage bags on the passenger seat, then the beach towel Over the bags, on the seat. you sit there. This saved us from destroying sara's car seat when her water broke on the way to the hospital.

chances are? after baby time, someone will run to your house at least 57 times to get stuff. It will all be fine.

Cindy said...

YES, make sure to pack an extra bag for all the goodies and make sure to ask for extra supplies...you are paying for it anyways, why not get more!

Pack PJ's or robe, slippers, bathroom supplies (I liked having my own stuff like shampoo and body wash),loose fitting clothes for the day you go home. You just want to be comfortable that day and you want to relax so be comfy. I wore jogging pants and a loose fitting shirt.

Bring the camera and have it ready in the delivery room. You want to have pictures right away of the baby! Of course you may be in some of those pictures as well! BUT at that point who cares! Its finally over!

Pack snacks and soda for Greg. He will need something to munch on during the waiting time! The hosptial will have snacks for you and its not actually half bad!

Pack a very cute outfit that the baby will be coming home in as well as a cute picture outfit for the hospital picture! Bring a blanket to cover the baby up when leaving the hospital for protection from the weather.

Make sure the car seat is installed AND make sure to bring the removable part up to the room right away so that you don't have to go down to the car and get it later!

Maybe a magazine or two depending on what you like to do. Believe me, after the baby is born, you don't have much time to relax with all the relatives visiting and the nurses checking up on you!

oh, and don't forget the cell phone. Have Greg do most of the calling so that you can get some rest with your baby. Bring an address/phone book if needed. Make a check list of who you want to all call prior so that you have to do extra work trying to figure out if you missed someone. I had my parents call relatives as well to help out!

Pack only what you think you will need, only the necessities!

Don't forget to have supplies ready at home as well for when you get home from the hospital!

Tara said...

What they all said (especially about the treats for the nurses...we had a Lindor Truffle assortment & the nurses all came in to thank me!)

Umm...you also need pen/paper to write down gifts & who gave them to you because you will forget who got you what when you get home.

OH...& see if your room has a DVD player...Jason & I watched movies while I was in labor. Plus everyone comes at once & then sometimes nobody comes when you're bored (depending upon how long you stay there).