Friday, May 05, 2006

Things I've Noticed

Here's a couple things that I've come across that is going to take some getting used to...

Every single bridge has a sign that says "Bridge May Freeze Where Road Begins" or something like that. Every SINGLE ONE. Not like in WI where there are one or two...like on the Lake De Buttes Bridge up by Oshkosh...but every one.

Hallmark stores...they SUCK down here. I hope you all appreciate your friendly staff and wonderful selection at the local Gold Crown store in the Mall (or what's left of the mall), but I've been to 3 around here and they stink. #1 didn't sell plate stands and were nice enough I guess, offered suggestions. #2, the manager or whatever she was was a total nazi camp leader. She was training someone while another gal rang me up (apparently another newer gal)...I asked for the big purple plastic bag and the mgr looked in the bag to see what she put in there. Heaven forbid you just do what the customer asks. Then the girl thought I wanted another purple bag and she was putting it in the other bag and the nazi said "oh nooooo, we do not give away bags to customers" and I wanted to say, "heaven forbid you please your customers and good job on losing a excellent future customer". So then I went to #3 (the other 2 were in the malls) and this one was downtown, not far from the house. They were pleased as punch to chit chat with the regulars and everyone but me. One lady was sitting on the floor in an aisle, yeah, just sitting there!!! She was talking to the other customers from there too. There selection was so-so. I saw some plate stands, but a poor selection. And get this, they don't take the gold crown card! Last time I go there! I want my rewards! I miss my Evenson Gold Crown Store in the Beaver Dam Mall. :( Ooh, I just found another one to try. Whew.

I guess that's it for now! We're off to see Mission Impossible 3! This time I'm going to see Keri Russel and what she can do on the big screen action flick. Tom Cruise has lost his luster. FREE KATIE!

Peace out.

No comments: