Monday, May 29, 2006

New Friend

I have this rusty metal moon thing that sticks in the ground as a yard decoration...somehow it spins around, but I think I know who's doing it!



Had a good 3-day weekend...like I said the other day, Saturday we went to see X-Men 3, we sat waiting for a hour before they came and told us that the projector was broken. So we got our money back and came home, Greg took a nap and I went shopping! Yeah, there were so many people there and I couldn't find anything, so it was a wasted trip. Well, not that wasted, I did get some Avon Skin-So-Soft bug spray! The word on the street it's the only stuff for gnats, not to be confused with the local Savannah Sand Gnats minor league team. Oh and the new Dream Book from Hallmark. That's the ornament book for you lay-persons. That night, I got to sit around for 3 hours with no electricity! I wasted time at the park, on the phone, chatting up the neighbors...I survived!

Sunday we went to the beach again! It wasn't as beastly hot as last weekend, but get this, the water, the Atlantic Ocean water...it was warm! Was it 'cause the air was cooler? Or did the water warm up with all the 98 degree weather? I guess it just warms up. After the beach we headed back towards town and stopped at Tubby's in Thunderbolt where they were having a "beach party" welcoming summer. The local band, Hazzard County was playing while we ate (not impressed this time with the restaurant) and then we watched Cowboy Crush. We've been getting lucky here and there with some concerts lately! They were really good and pretty fun. Some of you might recognize Nobody Ever Died of A Broken Heart.

My dad is doing great! They have him up and walking around now and he's out of the ICU. Just a few tubes left in him yet. I hear he's getting bossy too!

Today, Monday...we did go and see X-Men, it was great! I liked it, so did Greg. And that's about it! Back to the salt mines tomorrow! Nighty Night ya'll!

No comments: