Tuesday, March 31, 2009

32 weeks is NOT time for twins!

Today I had a normal doc appt. and was in and out like fire! But now I am starting to have the stress test (the nurses kept calling it the NST test) up in the Birthing Inn at the Hospital (same place as docs office and where Jake was born) twice a week. So Jake and I tool on up there thinking it'll just take about 20-30 minutes. Well GUESS WHAT? I was HAVING CONTRACTIONS! eegads! I of course could not feel these and was like what are you talking about? So they watched me and the babes for awhile (doing wonderful of course) and the contractions didn't stop...oh yeah, 1 minute apart, teehee! So they gave me that shot of something or other in the arm, the doc came up, did the FFN test (testing for a certain chemical or bacteria as a hint that labor is within the next 2 weeks) and checked everything else. All of that stuff came back just fine, not dilated, nothing. So they gave me some pills to take, which I have to keep taking, calcium blocker I think to ward off contractions and pumped me full of some fluid. I'm on slight bed rest. I can take care of Jake and what not, but no going to the grocery store or anything. Got to go home...let's see, doc appt was at 1:15 and got home about 5:30. Greg came up after work to rescue Jake for awhile, they stuck around but went and had some french fries, ketchup and ranch in the cafeteria too.

So keep your fingers crossed the trouble makers stay in at least 3 more weeks. After 35 weeks I am able to stay here in Kenosha. I think the doc was almost ready to send me to Froedert (Children's Hospital) today before everything calmed down. Whew. So here I sit with the cage fighters at their peek and their big brother ready to run a marathon! I do have some help around, so I will be able to sit down when need be! We are still planning on going to BD this weekend. Friday I am having a half day spa day (doctor said to go for it!) and then back up for another test. I hope I pass this time! :)

1 comment:

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

Wish i could come and hang out with you and cater to your every whim. More like cater to Jake's every whim. But hopefully you've got lots of help and will do as told and stay off your feet and DRINK YOUR WATER!