Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Double Trouble

Well my friends and family...I think you've all heard but I will confirm it now!

Jake is going to be a big brother...twice! Yes'sir, we're expecting twins this May. So those of you who loved watching my belly grow last time will have another lovely show! It will be interesting to see how much bigger it gets!

I went for my first appointment on monday and had a little ultrasound. Luckily Greg was not there, 'cause he may have fainted, I almost did. Here is the conversation:

Doc to nurse: Connie can you go around the other side? Nurse Connie moves around, he flips the screen around...
Doc: see here, see it there?
Me: Ummm...ohhh, yeah...awww, you can see everything (arms, legs, head)
Doc: Now see here? as he flips the doo-hickey
Me: Huh...wait, what? Are you shi**ing me?!?!?!?! Oh sorry. as I start crying...
Me some more: oh my god there's two of them? Greg has to get another job. No wonder why I've been so hungry. Call me Angelina Jolie! (to which the nurse replied, oh that twit, she's all stick thin again.)
Then the doc went on to talk about multiples and risks and everyone turns out okay. Also that I'm pretty high risk with multiples (I can't get over the word multiples) and my heart shaped uterus. Plus with my placenta previa last time, who knows with that, it's so random they can't really say if it'll show up again or a percentage of recurrence. So anywho, he said I will be pretty sick of them (good thing I love everyone there! My Doc. My hospital.) and I'll have oodles of ultrasounds and also at 18 weeks he'll send me to Froedert Hospital for a special one (forgot the docs name.) Then went on with the normal do's and don'ts and extras for having multiples. I can keep exercising (teehee!) but if I was going to a gym at 26 weeks he'd tell me to knock it off. Luckily I will not have that problem. I was pretty zoned out during this so I may have glossed over a few things!

So I am officially 10 weeks and 3 days. Both babies measured right on schedule. Due date is May 26th, but due to the repeat c-section it will be scheduled one-week prior...but with multiples, may be earlier than that. We will all just have to wait and see!

I have the ultrasound pics, need to scan it better then the p.o.s. thing we have at work. Boy was I spoiled at Savannah Blue! :)

No comments: