Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Long Awaited Update

Here we are! We now live in a house, a real house! Not a 1-bedroom apartment, but a 4-bedroom, 1 and a half bath, 2 car garage house complete with foyer. Hee! If you haven't guessed it, we've been crazy busy doing all the work before we moved in and now we're officially moved in as of this past weekend...and we're still working! We still have a gutted kitchen, but with a beautiful ceramic tile floor, semi-gutted full bathroom, but with a functional (somewhat) shower/tub (there's a leak now) and a dinning room posing as a storage facility for decor and kitchen stuff. Good thing we don't have a table!

We also have a wonderfully happy 6-month old baby! He's been so good through all this crazy schedule and going from here to there. Thank goodness there's only one of 'em and he can't crawl yet! He's working on it tho...loves to roll around and LOVES his new exersaucer Auntie Angie brought him! Yay!

I suppose I could quit babbling and show you proof of our work! Off you go!


I know, I know, you can barely believe it, but yes, even I get the grumpies.

Okay, I'm a little better now, but look at me, I can sit up!

We just discovered this delicious snack, fruit puffs...I can't say what I call it, 'cause the authorities might take it away and I'd go thru major withdrawals without it! Porter is addicted too.

It's my mommy!

Ah yes, here we are at the house! I adjusted right quick to the high chair and pound down 2 containers of baby food for dinner. Oink! Oh, and there's some of my treats, but not for long!

I LOVE MY EXERSAUCER!

Pop! Aunt Sara, look at my shirt! I love it and it's very fitting for the weather! (Yes, says mommy, if you don't realize it, these pictures with the same shirt are from 2 different days.)

Here's my room! Kind-of...the black is magnetic chalk board yet to be tested...I may have told you this already, but I'm just so darn excited!

Here's a view from the living room to the foyer, all painted!

And here's from the living room to the dining room/storage. The wood floors are all refinished, most of the painting is done. Things are moving along!

Well, I guess I don't have to many house pictures. It's just got stuff everywhere, so hard to show people what it's really like. The fireplace has a whole new life, I'll have to get some pics of that. More awesome work to be done this weekend, maybe I'll have a few moments to snap some pictures then! And maybe some things will be put away or out of the way at least!

Porter says it's time for bed... 'night ya'll!

No comments: