Thursday, July 27, 2006

Visitors

Let's see...not much going on lately other than the heat. I walked outside with Porter tonight and had to stop to catch my breath. The air is THICK with humidty and my hair instantly went "boing"! (That's curls forming.) Last night I stood out back and waited for Porter to do his business and broke a sweat doing that meager task. I know the whole country is at above-normal heat, so I'm sure everyone's doing the same thing...the only difference, your heat will probably break, ours lasts for another month. :) Teehee!

We do have visitors coming! I'm so excited! Greg's brother Brett and his lady Diann are arriving sometime on Saturday. They are driving down from WI on their Harley's. An exciting trip for them! Hopefully Illinois doesn't bore them to tears that they can't see where they are going! Eeek! And I hope everyone knows ya'll have a open invitation for visits! We just don't recommend the month of August or July unless you love heat. It's normally tolerable until about 1pm, then the city opens up and swallows you whole. Ha!

Some things I've seen...
  • 2 separate incidents at Krogers of people up-chucking...yes, right out front of the store.
  • just this morning, squirrels mating up in a tree! I had to advert Porter's eyes so I didn't see much.
  • our neighbors dog defend it's territory by some crazy guy yelling then throwing his bag of food at her...then said dog bolting like mad only to be found a day or two later.
  • Greg eating a bag of Cheeto's in 2 sittings.
  • the BIGGEST arachnid I have ever seen in my life. Holy BLEEP! The body was the size of half a hot dog, I swear!

I think that's about it in recent history.

I was able to show off my mad skills in Excel today at work! I wowed the socks off the customer and a co-worker. Teehee! Remember in Harry Potter when Dumbledore would take the swirls out of his noggin and put them in the pensieve? That is exactly what my brain does everytime I make a copy...whoop, whooop, whoooo, toodle-loo! And today, I made A LOT of copies. :)

No comments: